How Nexcess clients on physical (non-cloud) accounts can manually install Drupal.
This method works only for non-cloud accounts. If you are a Nexcess Cloud client, either use our auto-install feature, or contact our support team for assistance.
1: Download Drupal
- Download Drupal from their website.
- Extract the file, and note its location on your computer.
2: Configure FTP credentials
Attention: If you already have Nexcess FTP credentials, you may skip this section.
- Log in to your SiteWorx control panel.
- From the SiteWorx main menu, click Hosting Features > FTP > Accounts.
ATTENTION: In Step 2C, note the username and password you create for use in Step 3.
In the Add an FTP Account section, fill the FTP Username, Password, and Confirm Password fields, then click Add.
3: Transfer Drupal files to your Nexcess server
Your exact method of transferring files will vary according to your choice of application. Whatever the method, you will need the username and password you created in Step 2C. For detailed instructions and an example using Cyberduck, see How to transfer files to a server with SFTP.
4: Configure your database
- From the SiteWorx main menu, click Hosting Features > MySQL > Databases.
- Fill the DatabaseName field, though we recommend "drupal." Select the Create User check box.
- Fill the Username field, though we recommend "drupal." Fill the Password and Confirm Password fields, or click Generate. Note this information for use in Step 5. Verify all MySQLUserPermissions are selected, then click Add when ready.
5: Configure Drupal
ATTENTION: Your actual screen images may vary.
- Navigate to your domain, but include the path of your Drupal installation. For example, if your domain is example.com, and your Drupal installation is drupal, enter example.com/drupal.
- Choose your language, then click Save and continue.
- In the Installation Profile menu, select either the Standard modules or the Minimal modules. If you are unsure, select Standard. Click Save and continue when ready.
- The installer will verify your system meets the minimum requirements. If it does not, it will recommend action. Otherwise, it will automatically advance to the next step.
- In Database configuration, fill the Database name, Databaseu sername, and Database password fields with the credentials you created in Step 4C. Click Save and continue when ready.
- The Drupal installer bar will appear, loading the various modules in Drupal.
- Finally, the installer will ask for information about your site in the Configure site window. Fill all required fields, then click Save and continue when ready.
- If successful, you will be redirected to the main page of your new site and the message, "Congratulations, you installed Drupal!"
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal.