How to change SSH passwords for your server from the CLI, provided you have SSH access.
- If you are a Nexcess client on a physical (non-cloud) server, you may alternatively use SiteWorx to change your SSH password.
- This method requires SSH access. Nexcess clients on physical (non-cloud) servers must first enable SSH access and adjust their firewall settings in SiteWorx; Cloud accounts have SSH enabled by default.
- If you have not done so already, enable SSH. See How to enable SSH access for details.
- Log in to your server with SSH.
- Enter the command:
- Type your password, then press Enter.
- When prompted for your current UNIX password, enter your SSH password, then press Enter.
- Retype your new password and press enter. If successful, you will see the output:
passwd: all authentication tokes updated successfully